Friday 27 December 2013

Project 8

We were to held a RUS104 performance and award night as the ending and last project for RUS104. The theme of the night was "The Lost Kingdom" where every major represents a Nusantara kingdom. And for the Architects, we were the lost descendants of SRIVIJAYA for the night.

The flag of our Kingdom. I drew and designed this~

The same committee team from Project 7 were to handle this event, so again I was in the design team. This time, we try to minimize our expenditure and to 'recycle' the materials left from the exhibition. We wanted something really grand, so we put our focus on a grand entrance and a mural painting that would be the background for taking photos. Initially we planned something bigger than this which includes the interior decoration for the halls but then we were forced to cancelled it with a heavy due to time limitations(we only had 4 days for the decorations as it was right after the exhibition).
Backdrop in progress


On the big night, everyone was in fancy and classy costumes. For the architects, we decided to DIY our costumes which was a big relief for me as I would have no idea to how to get myself a Srivijaya costume. Again a round of applause to our designer, Fakhriah and all the part-time tailors (XD). The Archi troop marched in, as soldiers and royal servants with our very own Queen on sedan chair.




For the performance part, every major again amazed me. Even with the time limitations, everyone came up with impressive performance. It was somehow surprising and funny to see all my crazy friends, focusing so hard during their performance. My inner thoughts were 'hey, I didn't know you could do that.' They all did very well and I really liked the dance performance from QS a lot! For architects, we decided on story telling of our very own kingdom, combining body percussion, body movements along with hand-drawn pictures. We produced a very cool effect using UV fluorescent lamp. I was not involved in the performance or should I say in the cheering team, and the effect was AMAZING. I swear that I was bursting with pride and I could hardly get myself to stick to the seat when the performance was going on. And yes, it was that amazing. 

It was a pleasant surprise to be nominated as the Best Sketcher and the Mastermind(?). We got an award for The ComforTable Chair Award which is The Flow in Project 3. Furthermore, I was more than glad that our amphitheater- oXygen was awarded 2nd in the Best Amphitheater Award. Honestly, I felt very grateful that our design and concept was well received and recognized by the panel. Thank you so much! Overall, the Kingdom of Srivijaya too managed to snatch awards for The Best Banner and runner up for The Best Booth for our exhibition (Project 7), The Best Performance and The Best Kingdom for the night. There was never a moment that I felt prouder as part of the team of these awesome people.

 Designers of The Flow~


Archi Kingdom~ 


Together with the end of the night, it too marked an end to our studio projects for RUS 104.




Here endeth Project 8, but the memories and friendship gain through all these time shall be treasured and cherished. 






No comments:

Post a Comment